AVAILABLE IN 2024 FOR WAKEFIELD DISTRICT SCHOOLS
Bring an artist into the classroom for a hands-on workshop that explores different ways to create 3D artwork.
Inspired by the work of Barbara Hepworth students will discover key themes in her sculptures, including a mini plaster copy of one of her sculptures.
Through a series of creative drawing exercises they will learn about how natural forms and the landscape informed her sculptures. Students will then take part in activities designed to investigate materials and the process of 2D-3D. Finally they will explore balance and form to create their own sculptures in the classroom.
All materials and equipment are provided for the workshop.
x1 2hr workshop £240
x2 2hr workshops on the same day £390
Wakefield district schools receive a special 10% discount!
Useful info for our outreach workshops
- Our artists all have enhanced DBS checks and can provide details beforehand and show their paper copy on the day.
- The class teacher needs to be present throughout the workshop, supporting engagement and overseeing behaviour.
- All materials and equipment will be provided. We will need access to a smart screen/ projector during the workshop.
- Workshops are available to start from 10am in school. The artist will arrive 1hr beforehand to set up in the space where the workshop is taking place (this may include moving tables around).
- If booking a full day of workshops please note we require an hour between the workshops for workshop changeover and lunch.