When you provide your personal details to us using our website, in person or over the telephone, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information by The Hepworth Wakefield in the manner set out below.
This policy sets out the basis upon which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is The Hepworth Wakefield.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1924 247360.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as well as ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
- Your name
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Ticketing / purchasing history
- Billing information
- Information acquired via Cookies & Analytics (see below)
Information we collect about you.
Each time you visit our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, brower type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site, events promotions viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs, methods used to browse away from the page
The use we make of the information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us
We will use this information
- To provide a personalised service to you
- To provide you with information about other goods and services, events or promotions which we offer and which are similar to those that you have already purchased, enquired or registered for.
- In order to process a transaction, your personal information and card details may be passed to third party service providers. Card details will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual transaction. The personal information you consent to us acquiring will be used for operational purposes such as the processing of bookings, research, analysis, administration and charitable purposes such as fundraising by The Hepworth Wakefield.
- Yorkshire Sculpture International, Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Henry Moore Institute, Leeds Art Gallery (“our Partners”): When joining The Hepworth Wakefield’s database or purchasing a ticket, you will be given the option to agree to the sharing of your data with our partners listed above. With your agreement we will make your record available to these companies so that they can be in contact directly with you through your preferred channels about their activities; and so that they can improve their business knowledge of their supporters through data analysis.
- We will contact you if we feel there is an important change to your booking or purchase.
- From time to time, we may also contact you to tell you about changes in our services or new services, events and offers we think you’ll find of interest. As part of those communications, we may occasionally make recommendations about other cultural activities by partner organisations or other promoters, but those parties will not be in possession of your data. You will be given the option to opt in when joining the database, and thereafter you can update your preferences with us or unsubscribe at any time.
- Information we collect about you
We will use this information
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our sites about other events, promotions or offers which might be of interest to you or them
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any of our Partners
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- Third party credit card processers
- Third parties with whom you have agreed your personal data to be shared for marketing purposes,
- Employees and approved contractors/developers we may appoint from time to time, and who need the information to perform a specific job, are granted access to personally identifiable information. we do make data available to agencies for analysis and research purposes (this might include, for instance, comparison sales trends over time, postcode mapping, future fundraising potential etc). This assists with reporting to funding partners and strategic planning, helping us to make better business decisions.
- Third parties to whom we are required by law to share your personal data with
Cookies are small text documents that are stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They enable an enhanced experience for you by storing things such as your user details or preferences. The benefit for us is that they track your use of our site so we can analyse trends and improve our service. They don’t tell us who you are. Our website can only see cookies that it has created, not those issued from any other website. You can choose to not allow cookies on your computer.
Third party cookies
When you visit our website, you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook, SoundCloud, Vimeo, Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. The Hepworth Wakefield does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third-party websites for more information about these.
Users under 18
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent before you provide personal information to us.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes, as set out above. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at The Hepworth, Wakefield, Gallery Walk, Wakefield WF1 5AW.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet out costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.