With over 1,600 square metres of light-filled gallery spaces, The Hepworth Wakefield is the largest purpose-built exhibition space outside London. Since opening in May 2011 to public and critical acclaim we have welcomed over 1.8 million visitors. The gallery brings together work from Wakefield’s art collection, exhibitions by contemporary artists and rarely seen works by Barbara Hepworth. In July 2017 we were chosen as Art Fund Museum of the Year 2017 and we value all our staff and their commitment to driving this success.
Benefits of working at The Hepworth Wakefield include:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising by a day after each year of service in your first three years up to 28 days
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements
- Enhanced sick pay entitlements
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential support services for you and your immediate family
- Occupational Health Service
- Salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme run by Kiddivouchers
- Free eye tests run by Specsavers
- Group Pension Plan run by Royal London, including an employer contribution of up to 6%
- Free entry to venues in the Yorkshire Attractions group
- Staff discount in the shop and café
If you would like to join our highly motivated and successful team please see our current vacancies below.
Barista, The Hepworth Café
The Hepworth Café is looking to recruit some exceptional people to join the café team at The Hepworth Wakefield. The café pride themselves on serving great food and coffee with great service and are proud to support Yorkshire suppliers and use Yorkshire produce where possible. Successful candidates will be friendly and outgoing, passionate about speciality coffee & tea and able to do latte art. The Hepworth Café offer competitive salaries along with excellent training and development opportunities.
If you have great barista experience and would like to work in an independent café in an award-winning art gallery they would love to hear from you. Please note you would be employed directly by The Hepworth Café and not The Hepworth Wakefield.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Our team is bold, open and we embrace innovation. Our Mission is to create experiences that inspire, captivate, surprise and enhance everyone’s lives. Read our Vision, Mission and Values
If you fit this description and would like to apply for one of our jobs please complete an application form. We promote diversity and equal opportunities, please help us to monitor this by filling in an equal opportunities monitoring form.
Your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form should be sent to email@example.com