The Hepworth Wakefield has welcomed over 2.3 million visitors since opening in May 2011 and is now firmly established as a major local, national and international attraction, winning Art Fund Museum of the Year in 2017.
The gallery presents acclaimed major exhibitions of the best international modern and contemporary art. It is also home to Wakefield’s important and growing collection of modern British and contemporary art. In August 2019 we opened The Hepworth Wakefield Garden. Designed by internationally renowned designer Tom Stuart-Smith, it features several sculptures, and is free for all to enjoy.
The Hepworth Wakefield is committed to improving diversity and tackling systemic racism within our organisation and we require all our employees to share and deliver on this commitment. We have adapted our recruitment practices to help us achieve this by:
- Ensuring our jobs are widely advertised to reach a diverse range of applicants
- Using an anonymised application process for shortlisting
- Delivering unconscious bias training for all staff
- Delivering equality & diversity training for all staff
- Applying positive action where legal and appropriate
- Actively monitoring the diversity of our applicants
- Ensuring our Job Descriptions are inclusive
- Ensuring shortlisting and interview panels are as diverse as possible
We know we have a lot of work to do to improve the diversity of the team at The Hepworth Wakefield, if you have any feedback on our recruitment practices please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please help us to monitor our progress by filling in an Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (see below) and returning it with your application form.
Benefits of working at The Hepworth Wakefield include:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising by a day after each year of service in your first three years up to 28 days
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements
- Enhanced sick pay entitlements
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential support services for you and your immediate family
- Occupational Health Service
- Free eye tests run by Specsavers
- Group Pension Plan run by Royal London, including an employer contribution of up to 6%
- Staff discount in the shop and café
If you would like to join our highly motivated and successful team please see our current vacancies below.
There are currently no vacancies.
How to apply
Our team is bold, open and we embrace innovation. Our Mission is to create experiences that inspire, captivate, surprise and enhance everyone’s lives. Read our Vision, Mission and Values
If you fit this description and would like to apply for one of our jobs please complete an application form. We promote diversity and equal opportunities, please help us to monitor this by filling in an equal opportunities monitoring form.
Your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form should be sent to email@example.com.
Please ensure forms are sent as Word documents only.
Alternatively, please post your forms to Alexa Becker, The Hepworth Wakefield, Gallery Walk, WF1 5AW.