The Hepworth Wakefield is an award-winning art gallery in the heart of Yorkshire, set within Wakefield’s historic waterfront, overlooking the River Calder. Designed by the acclaimed David Chipperfield Architects, the gallery opened in May 2011 and has already welcomed 2 million visitors and regularly receives national and international acclaim.
Named after Barbara Hepworth, one of the most important artists of the 20th century who was born and brought up in Wakefield, the gallery presents major exhibitions of the best international modern and contemporary art. It is also home to Wakefield’s art collection – an impressive compendium of modern British and contemporary art – and has dedicated galleries exploring Hepworth’s art and working process.
In July 2017 we were chosen as Art Fund Museum of the Year 2017 and we value all our staff and their commitment to driving this success.
Benefits of working at The Hepworth Wakefield include:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising by a day after each year of service in your first three years up to 28 days
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements
- Enhanced sick pay entitlements
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential support services for you and your immediate family
- Occupational Health Service
- Salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme run by Kiddivouchers
- Free eye tests run by Specsavers
- Group Pension Plan run by Royal London, including an employer contribution of up to 6%
- Free entry to venues in the Yorkshire Attractions group
- Staff discount in the shop and café
If you would like to join our highly motivated and successful team please see our current vacancies below.
There are currently no job vacancies.
How to apply
Our team is bold, open and we embrace innovation. Our Mission is to create experiences that inspire, captivate, surprise and enhance everyone’s lives. Read our Vision, Mission and Values
If you fit this description and would like to apply for one of our jobs please complete an application form. We promote diversity and equal opportunities, please help us to monitor this by filling in an equal opportunities monitoring form.
Your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.