The Hepworth Wakefield has welcomed over 2.2 million visitors since opening in May 2011 and is now firmly established as a major local, national and international attraction, winning Art Fund Museum of the Year in 2017. We present an outstanding programme of historical and contemporary exhibitions alongside displays drawn from Wakefield's collection of 20th-century and contemporary art. In August 2019, the first phase of The Hepworth Wakefield Garden opened. Designed by Tom Stuart-Smith, the garden features sculptures and is one of the largest free public gardens in the UK.
We value all our staff and their commitment to driving our success.
Benefits of working at The Hepworth Wakefield include:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising by a day after each year of service in your first three years up to 28 days
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements
- Enhanced sick pay entitlements
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential support services for you and your immediate family
- Occupational Health Service
- Free eye tests run by Specsavers
- Group Pension Plan run by Royal London, including an employer contribution of up to 6%
- Staff discount in the shop and café
If you would like to join our highly motivated and successful team please see our current vacancies below.
Visitor Welcome Assistant
£8.21 per hour
16, 21 and 30 hour per week contracts available – please specify your preference on application
We are seeking enthusiastic and proactive Visitor Welcome Assistants to deliver an exciting new element of our commercial operation, promoting and upselling exhibition and event tickets, and member recruitment.
This is a new role where you will be the first point of contact for visitors entering the gallery. You will be responsible for providing a warm and informative welcome and for meeting the gallery’s financial targets.
You will have excellent communication skills and the personality to engage visitors, secure donations and convert visitors into supporters of the gallery through our membership scheme.
You will be comfortable working to targets and have a passion for providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. You will maximize every opportunity to secure ticket sales and through doing so, will enhance the visitor experience. For a job description and details of how to apply please see below.
Deadline for applications is 9am on Tuesday 3 December 2019
Interviews will take place on 10 & 11 December 2019
Start date is 20 January 2020
- A number of contracts are available including 16, 21 and 30 hours per week; hours will be worked according to a rota.
- Availability to work 6 days per week is essential to the 30 hour per week position.
- Availability to work 4 days per week including Saturday and Sunday is essential to the 16 and 21 hour per week positions.
- The post will include regular weekend working.
- Successful candidates must be available to attend essential training week commencing 20 January 2020.
- Please indicate which hours you are interested in on your application form.
For informal enquiries please contact Chloe Simm, Visitor Experience Manager on email@example.com
How to apply
Our team is bold, open and we embrace innovation. Our Mission is to create experiences that inspire, captivate, surprise and enhance everyone’s lives. Read our Vision, Mission and Values
If you fit this description and would like to apply for one of our jobs please complete an application form. We promote diversity and equal opportunities, please help us to monitor this by filling in an equal opportunities monitoring form.
Your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please post your forms to Alexa Becker, The Hepworth Wakefield, Gallery Walk, WF1 5AW.