Terms & Conditions
All tickets are subject to these terms and conditions (the Ticket Terms), in addition to our general Terms (which can be found here). In the event that the Ticket Terms and the general Terms conflict, these Ticket Terms shall take priority.
From time to time, a limited allocation of reduced-price early bird tickets may be available. Early bird tickets are subject to availability and are limited in number. Once the allocation is exhausted, early bird booking will close and standard ticket prices will apply.
Tickets can be booked online or in person at the Welcome Desk (open Wed - Sun, 10am - 3.30pm unless stated otherwise at hepworthwakefield.org). Last admission into the exhibition will be at 3.30pm.
Exemptions and Concessions
The Hepworth Wakefield offers exemptions from ticket prices for the following categories. To receive this exemption, please book in person at the Welcome Desk, ensuring you meet the following criteria:
- Wakefield District Residents: offer proof of residence within the Wakefield district covered by Wakefield Council, e.g. a recent Council Tax or utility bill, bank/mobile phone statement, and proof of ID e.g. passport, photocard driving licence, credit card. If you are unsure whether you live in the Wakefield district, you can check by using the following website: https://www.wakefield.gov.uk/site/where-i-live?
- Members and Patrons: possess a valid membership subscription at The Hepworth Wakefield, and can offer a valid membership card. If you lose your membership card, please present proof of ID at the Welcome Desk and they will be able to issue a new card.
- Children aged 16 and under
- Disabled person’s assistant: a person accompanying a disabled person
- Press: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
The Hepworth Wakefield offers concessions on ticket prices for the following categories. To receive this concession, please book online or in person, ensuring you meet the following criteria, and can provide proof if required:
- People with disabilities: a person is disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if they have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on their ability to do normal daily activities.
- Senior: a person aged 65 years or more
- Full time student: an adult aged from 17 years who holds valid photographic student ID
- Unemployed/Jobseeker: an adult who holds a valid ES40
- Art Fund Members: a person possessing a valid Art Fund membership and can offer a valid membership card.
Tickets are valid only for the date stated on your ticket(s). Please check your ticket(s) carefully at time of purchase as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
Before your ticket purchase is finalised, you will be asked to confirm that the personal details you have provided to us and your ticket requirements are correct. Once your order has been confirmed by you, we cannot accept responsibility for or offer any refunds arising as a result of incorrect information provided by you at the time of ordering your ticket(s).
If purchasing a concession priced ticket(s) please ensure that the person the ticket(s) is intended for meets the correct criteria and brings proof of eligibility on the day of attendance.
During your visit please retain your ticket(s) safely for production on demand by The Hepworth Wakefield staff.
Tickets are valid for entry once with same day re-admission allowed; no re-admission allowed on a different date to the one shown on your ticket.
The Hepworth Wakefield reserves the right to refuse entry or ask ticket holders to leave at any point on reasonable grounds.
Admission is at the ticket holder’s own risk.
Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds on tickets unless The Hepworth Wakefield is closed due to an emergency, or if an event has to be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of The Hepworth Wakefield. Should cancellation of any event, be necessary, The Hepworth Wakefield will attempt to contact all customers who have booked tickets in advance to arrange exchange or refund of tickets. This contact will be in the form of email for online customers, so customers are advised to check their email inbox before visiting The Hepworth Wakefield to avoid an unnecessary journey should an event be cancelled. If an alternative visit date cannot be arranged, The Hepworth Wakefield will then refund the full price paid, including the payment processing fees, to customers.
Tickets are non-transferrable unless in the event of closure of The Hepworth Wakefield or cancellation of the event, and cannot be resold. Any tickets found to have been offered for resale will be cancelled without refund and admission will be refused to the bearer.
Exhibition Ticket Membership Discount
Exhibition ticket holders can redeem up to the value of the ticket purchased off any Membership type. This is only valid upon presentation of a ticket on the same day as the visit to the exhibition and is only valid on new Memberships. After the initial year, the price of the Membership will return to the standard rate at the time of renewal. To use this offer please visit the Welcome Desk.
The Hepworth Wakefield reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this offer at any time and without notice. In any dispute the Management’s decision is final.